Our activities are centered around the following major themes:
- Mentoring: Second-year MBA students actively support incoming students as they navigate the internship recruitment process, helping with cover letters, resume reviews, and more.
- On-Campus Recruiting: We work with a wide variety of firms to facilitate the recruiting process for LGBTQ+ students at Ross.
- Off-Campus Recruiting: We help students connect with additional firms through mentorship and participation in the annual Reaching Out MBA conference.
Education & Visibility
- Speaker Series: We partner with other campus organizations to encourage dialogue about the unique issues facing LGBTQ+ people in the workplace and in society. For example, we hosted a campus-wide discussion with Kate Kendell, Executive Director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights.
- Fund-Raising: We host school-wide events, such as our popular MBgAy drag show, to promote LGBTQ+ awareness and raise money for an LGBTQ+ charitable organization. This is one of the largest and most well-attended events at Ross each and every year.
- OFB Member Events: In addition to meetings, Out for Business at Ross organizes a variety of events designed to bring together members of the LGBTQ+ community. Activities include bowling, brunch, and bar-hopping.
- Cross-Campus Mixers: One of the advantages of being in Ann Arbor is that in addition to Ross, the University of Michigan is also home to several other top-tier graduate programs. We frequently co-host events with LGBTQ+ student groups from other schools, such as the Law School’s “OUTLaws.”
- Greater Ross Events: Our social events also seek to integrate the greater Ross community. Our largest event takes place annually at Necto, Ann Arbor’s premier gay dance club.